Neal A. Maxwell

"Within the swirling global events- events from which we are not totally immune- is humanity's real and continuting struggle: whether or not, amid the cares of the world, we really choose, in the words of the Lord, to "care for the life of the soul." Whatever our anxious involvements with outward events, this inner struggle proceeds in both tranquil and turbulent times. Whether understood or recognized, this is the unchanging moral agendum from generation to generation."


Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Static

I can't believe it's the end of May already.  This is what I hate about the timing of my company's busy season.  It takes place in the summer and time melts when I'm busy like this.  Last night I felt nauseated thinking of everything I have to do in the next month.  This is a feeling I'm too well aquatinted with.  And what do I do when I feel overwhelmed?  I distract myself with some meaningless activity (…like blogging…) while the sand continues to pour.  I am buried at work and I feel like crying.  The most frustrating part is that staying late or coming early does nothing to help the situation because of the structure of this department- rather, because of this sabotaging, egotistical, nepotistic… I'll stop.  I have so much to do and it's come to the point that my brain has checked out and is nothing but a white screen of fuzzy static sound.  I'm staring into my computer blankly and wondering when I'll get to dance again.  Dancing.  There's a happy thought.  Maybe I should drop that I danced with Max Pitruzzella this weekend at Camp Jitterbug in Seattle.  You may remember him from a previous post where I linked a video of the European Lindy Championships.  So, yeah.  I danced with him.  For a mental health break, here's another clip of his magic:

1 comment:

Carlile File said...

You are cooler than Max and you've danced with waaay cooler guys than Max...I wanna dance with somebody...ooooh