Neal A. Maxwell

"Within the swirling global events- events from which we are not totally immune- is humanity's real and continuting struggle: whether or not, amid the cares of the world, we really choose, in the words of the Lord, to "care for the life of the soul." Whatever our anxious involvements with outward events, this inner struggle proceeds in both tranquil and turbulent times. Whether understood or recognized, this is the unchanging moral agendum from generation to generation."


Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Jail House Blues



Suddenly, I've been dancing a lot lately! ...perhaps as a distraction more than anything. (It's kind of like how as soon as I got 'promoted' at work and had tons of work to do from home, I was going running more diligently than ever.) Anyhow, I'm back in the Swing Scene and am all on fire again with dreams of traveling to Lindy exchanges and possibly competing. I LOVE SWING DANCING! There are so many reasons why I feel it is the superior dance form (in the vein of partner dancing.) I won't go into it here but PLEASE watch the video below and consider that this is completely un-choreographed! It's all lead and follow genius. Superior??? I think so. And how cool is it that this dance form was invented here in America?! Very cool.


1 comment:

The Pickled Red Herring said...

I HOPE YOU DO!!! I can so see you dancing like that in a competition. And I hope you record it and post it on your blog. Because some of us are too far away. *sniff*