Neal A. Maxwell

"Within the swirling global events- events from which we are not totally immune- is humanity's real and continuting struggle: whether or not, amid the cares of the world, we really choose, in the words of the Lord, to "care for the life of the soul." Whatever our anxious involvements with outward events, this inner struggle proceeds in both tranquil and turbulent times. Whether understood or recognized, this is the unchanging moral agendum from generation to generation."


Monday, March 26, 2012

Chicago

I went to Chicago this weekend for International Bridal Market. We got in Saturday night and were back this morning so it was a fast trip- but long enough for me to realize I love Chicago! I'm definitely a fan. I'm going to say I like it better than New York and better than Los Angeles too. I was able to meet up with a past roommate, Kara Olson, from my BYU days. I want to go back with my sister, Katie, who served her mission in Chicago, and be a tourist there. Even though I was working most of the time I was there, I was able to hit the Magnificent Mile for a quick shopping spree, try-out a few awesome restaurants (I had oysters for my first time), and drive around the city and sight see a little. :) I'm looking forward to going back!

3 comments:

The Pickled Red Herring said...

What? That canNOT be the first time you had oysters! I know because Travis eats them all the time and says they remind him of your dad. Maybe you always avoided them those times they were sitting around eating oysters... like the plague. Like I do. I wouldn't blame you!

Charlotte Lundell said...

I'm pretty sure my dad ate oysters out of a can. And if I remember right, they smelled funny. It is possible one of the boys talked me into trying one... So, maybe this is the first time I've had them served on rock salt yet in they're shell. I thought they were delicious but I had them served Rockefeller style. Yum!

Kathryn said...

I am pretty sure that oysters were a "boys only/fishing trip" food of choice because I don't believe I've taken a bit of one myself. Charlotte! I love that you loved Chicago...This new found love definitely encourages sisterly affection. I love you C. Elizabeth.