Neal A. Maxwell

"Within the swirling global events- events from which we are not totally immune- is humanity's real and continuting struggle: whether or not, amid the cares of the world, we really choose, in the words of the Lord, to "care for the life of the soul." Whatever our anxious involvements with outward events, this inner struggle proceeds in both tranquil and turbulent times. Whether understood or recognized, this is the unchanging moral agendum from generation to generation."


Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Highlight / Lowlight

Highlight: A gainful hunt at D.I. for some 90's garb that also yielded a retro-chic, silk blouse circa 1988 that I am wearing right now. Vertical red & white stripes with white collar and cuffs edged in navy and white stripes... oh, and big, gold star cuff links.
Lowlight: Trimming my bangs- rather, learning to trim my own bangs. How does one prevent getting hair in your eyes while doing this? ...Advice?

Highlight: 18 miles on Saturday with my HHH team. The first long, long run I've had where I haven't become excessively fatigued and despairing. I enjoyed all three hours of my run and am really becoming sad that the training phase is ending. I can't imagine training alone again. I have absolutely loved training as a team. Love, love, LOVE IT!Lowlight: Running 18 miles, then going hiking, then going dancing and while in the third activity of the day, injuring my back again. Ironic that dancing was the activity that did me in? Not really. You clearly haven't seen me dance... 90's style.

Highlight: Sleep. 8 hours. EVERY night. For the past 14 days.

Lowlight: Missing out on competitive karaoke while my friends hang ten without me. No one should have fun when I'm not there. I get friend jealousy.

Highlight: Temple. What if feels like after a day of feeling irritable and negative.

Lowlight: Learning that a friend's mother was diagnosed with stage four lung cancer. There are several fundraisers that are in the works, but right now I can direct you to her business website that she is trying to promote. (I didn't know she turned this into a business but I remember as a little girl eating her cinnamon rolls and NOTHING compares to them! So savory!) Gourmet Swirls

Highlight: Ryan, home again! I was afraid I'd lose it at the airport. I've watched four other siblings come home from missions and while I missed them a lot, it was different with Ryan. Nothing was so upsetting as March 11th of last year. And having Ryan come home after losing him was special. I kept wanting to touch his face. But that got annoying to him. Weird. Haha

1 comment:

Carlile File said...

Highlight: your blog
Lowlight: you living in UT and me in CA..