Neal A. Maxwell

"Within the swirling global events- events from which we are not totally immune- is humanity's real and continuting struggle: whether or not, amid the cares of the world, we really choose, in the words of the Lord, to "care for the life of the soul." Whatever our anxious involvements with outward events, this inner struggle proceeds in both tranquil and turbulent times. Whether understood or recognized, this is the unchanging moral agendum from generation to generation."


Monday, May 14, 2012

Countdown: 4 days

I'm so nervous!  I'm so anxious!  Why?  Why?  Why!  I'm sure the reality of 26.2 miles on Saturday has got me wired.  And work is a circus.  But I've had this feeling for almost two weeks and it doesn't lend itself well to carb loading.

 The happy runners.
 Kind of blurry...
 Brant and I slaying the course AND cancer.  (He's on the "Cancer Slayers" team.)
Working the downhill.

Yes.  Four days until Ogden and I'm really, really EXCITED!  I have no firm prediction how I'll do in the vein of a finishing time but I think I'm going to feel good and enjoy it.  I'm excited for all my friends that are running.  For the first time in my life I have friends that are strictly running friends and it's been so fun getting to know them and train with them.  I love the opportunity to associate and become close to people outside of my typical demographic of socializing (i.e. single Mormons).  I haven't had a single injury during training and in my hour of need, I found the cure to my one ailment.  Life is good.

It's been neat to be a part of all the changes that have taken place in singles wards lately.  I feel like the difference is comparable to missionary work before Preach My Gospel and missionary work with Preach My Gospel.  Singles wards are different and becoming so much stronger.  Perhaps because I have transitioned into a place where I don't look to my ward for dating prospects, but I'm very engaged to be a part of this scene and lately I've been feeling like I want to take advantage of every moment I have left to be a part of it. 

I'm guessing next time I check it I'll have another "marathon" long blog post to detail my experience.  Send good vibes my way!

No comments: